Friday 7 June 2013

Feeling Nostalgic

Hi everyone,

Well I know this was originally a place to track my progress cycling to Paris, but now that the ride is over, I have been feeling a little restless and a little nostalgic. Work has been busy but I have been desperate to get back on the bike and do another decent ride...maybe not to Paris... but a solid day trip at least.

Last week I had a whole week off of work, and as the sun was shining, I decided to cycle from Leicester to Broadway (in the Cotswolds just before Cheltenham).

I set off at about eight am and convinced Kaity and Brayden to meet me for lunch. Despite getting a little lost, I eventually invented my own way and finished at the Broadway Tower for a well deserved ice cream cone. The whole trip was about 70 miles and it took me just over 5 and a half hours. My elevation gain was 2, 454 feet and I burnt almost 5000 calories.

 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment